“We make everything important in our lives except learning about ourselves.” ~Yogi Bhajan
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation is a science of well-being that employs postures, movements, breath work, mantras and mudras to affect positive change in the body, mind and spirit.
With regular practice, you can expect to:
- Strengthen your nervous system. When we strengthen our nervous system, we are more resilient and are better able to cope with life’s challenges.
- Improve the health of your circulatory system. When our circulatory system is strong and healthy, disease is less likely to form on the body.
- Improve the functioning of your digestive system. It is important to understand that about 75% of your immune system resides in the gut so there is a strong connection between the health and strength of your digestive system and the strength and health of your immune system.
- Strengthen your immune system
- Strengthen your musculature system
- Strengthen your respiratory system
- Experience greater flexibility
- Sleep more restfully
- Build greater energy and vitality
- Overall improvement in health and a stronger, more fit body
- Experience greater inner peace and joy
- Experience less fear and more courage
- Connect with and trust your intuition
- Break negative habits and replace them with healthy ones
- Strengthen your self-esteem
- Live more authentically
- Strengthen your communication skills
- Initiate, cultivate and maintain healthy relationships
- Identify and live your destiny
- Build greater psychological resilience
- Develop greater self-awareness and live more consciously
- Develop a neutral mind
- Activate and balance the chakra system
Gong Bath Benefits
The sound of a meditation gong induces a state of spontaneous meditation and relaxation, which facilitates the movement of chi or prana (positive life force) throughout the body. On a physical level, the vibrations eliminate tension, stimulate the circulation and glandular systems, and regenerate the parasympathetic nervous system. Listeners experience a sense of connectedness and peace. They are lulled from a Beta, or awake state, into a Theta, or lucid dream state; a state that allows our bodies to heal and rejuvenate. The sound waves gently clear blockages to restore inner harmony.
Other benefits include calming the mind and stopping internal dialogue; rebalancing the physical, emotional and spiritual bodies; and awakening higher states of consciousness that are conducive to healing and transformation. A gong bath lets your entire body relax, renew and rejuvenate. In turn, this leaves you feeling content, clear headed, energetic and optimistic.
Media Coverage on the Gong
“Change, if it is to be long lasting, must occur on the unseen levels first.” ~Geneen Roth